Skip to main content

Ramina Ashfaque Miss Pakistan Charity International 2015 (Runner Up 2 Miss Pakistan World)


Latest Interview of
Ramina Ashfaque
 Miss Pakistan Charity International 2015
(Runner Up 2 Miss Pakistan World)

How was the overall experience in the Miss Pakistan World 2015 pageant and what did you place?
It was a unique experience to meet other Pakistani women that have been raised in other cultures and in other parts of the world. It was refreshing to be reminded that no matter where we live we can still represent our own culture. I have always had a passion for dancing and performing and I had so much fun working with the choreographer and learning the choreography with everyone there. As with every pageant you meet new people, but it was even more special to meet other Pakistani girls who share the same obstacles in our journey to be where we are. We have all had to answer the same questions as far as breaking through the social barriers in partaking in pageantry and such events, all while being strong willed to follow our dreams and ambitions. I was happy to place second runner up and gain the opportunity to represent Pakistan in international pageants.

As soon as you were done the MPW pageant you were sent to Taiwan to represent Pakistan, can you tell us more about it?
It was very shortly after Miss Pakistan World that I was sent to Taiwan for an international pageant. It was an amazing experience to travel to a part of the world I have never been to before and meeting many wonderful different people that I wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for the pageant. Everyone there spoke a different language, but we were all able to connect with each other and develop a strong bond. Being in a new environment, I was able to learn more about their culture all while teaching them my own. Though these girls were from different parts of the world, we were all the same people with the same goals and ambitions. I am able to say I have made a friend in 79 other countries! All of the girls took part in multiple photoshoots. We were also involved in multiple charity events in which we visited the Chensenmei Family Land, which was a care center for the mentally challenged, then raised money for the charity in Downtown Taoyuan. We also visited a care home/ hospital for the elderly where we exercised and danced with those who could be mobile. It was an incredibly rewarding experience overall. I am humbled to have placed in the Top 10 in talent, and I can’t wait to do this all over again!
What are your future plans?

I am currently attending Florida International University to pursue my Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Media/ Communications. I personally believe that it is every girls dream to become a model or actress and I am no exception to that. My life took a dramatic turn two years ago when I decided to stop thinking and put my dreams into action. I initially pursued the entertainment industry just for fun, but I still can’t believe the reaction I got! Now that I am pursuing something very close to my heart, I take it very seriously and have developed a very strong work ethic and make my best effort to make this dream of mine come true. From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed at night, my focus is purely on accomplishing my goals. Over time I have also developed a strong entrepreneurial ambition that I am actively pursuing. I have always wanted to create something of my own that I can share with the world. It has been said that success is 1% idea and 99% determination. I have always put my full efforts in everything I have taken on be it my modeling career, my education, and my family, and plan to do the same in my journey towards becoming an entrepreneur. After traveling the world and meeting people from all walks of life I have gained many experiences that have helped with my creativity and I plan to materialize that so that i can share my experiences with the world. In coordination with that, I plan on using my platform to give back to those in need and do my part in being human. I want to give back to humanity by way of raising awareness for diabetes, because I have an uncle that is suffering from it now after not taking care of it his whole life, as this is very close to my heart. I believe with success comes responsibility and real success is defined by one who can use it to make a difference in the lives of others around them and I hope to leave an everlasting impression. Besides being a positive role model, I would also like to provide awareness around the world about the misconceptions of beauty pageants amongst Pakistani women.

Any advice for contestants joining the Miss Pakistan World pageant!
Some advice I can give is that if there is something that you are truly passionate about that makes you happy; the best decision for you will always be to pursue it. In our lives, we tend to consider outside factors like what people will think and whether it will stick or not, but at the end of the day your happiness should be your main priority. It is never too late to pursue your dreams. Learn to be comfortable and confident in your own skin and success will follow.



Photography Mashal Asif

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anzhelika Tahir, Miss Pakistan World another achievement

Anzhelika Tahir, Miss Pakistan World was a favorite at the 6th edition of Miss Supertalent 2016 pageant that was held in Korea on the 13th of May 2016. This pageant was for almost 18 days and involved 28 countries. The winner was Czech Republic - Natalie Stejskalova, followed by Mongolia - Saikhantamir Amarsanaa as 1st Runner-Up and Pakistan as 2nd Runner-Up. Top 7 Finalists are: Australia - Amy Botansky Netherlands - Iris Hertroijs Singapore - Cherise Lai United Kingdom - Chloe Murphy  Top 15 Semifinalists are: Finland - Noona Pölkki France - Laura Hostein Japan - Nanami Tomita Mexico - Mariana Gonzalez New Zealand - Grayson Hunturwin Sweden - Josefine Svensson Switzerland - Koviljka Langeveldt United Arab Emirates - Daria Cocier This was the first time in the history of Pakistan, that 2nd Runner-Up position was acquired by Pakistan in two pageants; World Miss University in January 2016 and Miss Supertalent of the World in May 2016. Anzhelika Tahir said that she

Exclusive Interview of ANZHELIKA TAHIR – MISS PAKISTAN WORLD 2015

 Standing tall, with a physique like a mannequin, this half Pakistani and half Ukrainian beauty is the first girl to be of mixed races representing Pakistan. Anzhelika’s father belongs to Sheikhupura , Punjab , Pakistan and her mother is Ukrainian from Kiev , Ukraine . Anzhelika Tahir is Pakistan’s 13th Miss Pakistan World to be crowned on the 31st of October, 2015 in Toronto, Canada. Tell us about yourself! First of all, I want to say, that I never thought that I could be a beauty queen titleholder. I grow up in Kiev, Ukraine as my mother is Ukrainian and my father is Pakistani. Since my childhood I’d always been an outsider. During my elementary school days I didn’t have friends. Because of my skin color no one wanted to sit with me at the desk. I remember clearly the moments when I used to come home and take showers with a super hard sponge because somebody told me that if I take a good shower I could become a white-skinned girl. I don’t remember exactly when pe